The Medical Program Committee ensures that the program is aligned with the Faculty’s mission statement and program learning outcomes. It oversees the curriculum as a whole and has responsibility for the overall design, management, integration, evaluation, and enhancement of a coherent and coordinated medical curriculum
Terms of Reference Policy
The curriculum committee ensures that the program is aligned with the Faculty’s mission statement and program learning outcomes, and that it complies with relevant accreditation standards. It has responsibility for the design, management, integration, evaluation, and continual improvement of the medical program by making recommendations about program objectives, content, instruction, and compliance with faculty policies.
The medical curriculum committee aims to foster a learning environment for students which facilitates student learning, promotes professionalism, stimulates curiosity and independent thinking, and equips students for lifelong self-directed learning.
The medical program committee has responsibilities including:
- State mission. Make it known to its constituency and the health sector it serves. In its mission outlines the aims and the educational strategy resulting in a medical doctor.
- Monitor instructional / learning methods. Horizontal integration and vertical integration.
- Planning and implementing the curriculum to secure its intended educational outcomes.
- Plan and implement innovations in the curriculum.
- Ensure operational linkage between the educational program and the subsequent stages of education or practice after graduation.
- Seeks input from the environment in which graduates will be expected to work, and modifies the program accordingly.
- Consider program modification in response to opinions in the community and society.
- Evaluate and document the reliability and validity of assessment methods.
- Incorporate new assessment methods where appropriate. Encourage the use of external examiner.
- Formulate and implement a policy on the use of educational expertise in the curriculum development.
- Development of teaching and assessment methods.
- Establish and apply a mechanism for program evaluation that address the curriculum and its main components. Address student progress. Identifies and address concerns. Ensure that relevant results of evaluation influence the curriculum.
- Periodically evaluate the program by comprehensively addressing, the context of the educational process. The specific components of the curriculum, the long-term acquired outcomes. (Q 7. 1. 3), its social accountability.
- Systematically seek, analyse and respond to teacher and student feedback.
- Use feedback results for program development.
- Analyse performance of cohorts of students and graduates in relation to mission and intended educational outcomes. Curriculum. Provision of resources.
- Analyse performance of students and graduates in relation to student background and conditions. Entrance qualification.
- Use the analysis of student performance to provide feedback to the committees responsible for student selection. Curriculum planning. Student counseling.
The membership will reflect the structure of the MD program, its curriculum governance. The committee consists of the following members:
Members representing the program directors:
- Program committee director (chair) - Dr. Mohammad Abuawad
- Biomedical Sciences Program director - Dr. Heba Salah
- Medical program director – Dr. Faris Abu Sahmma
Members representing biomedical sciences and medical (clinical) departments:
- Head of internal medicine devision – Dr. Husam Salameh
- Head of general surgery division – Dr. Ahmad Dalbah
- Head of sub medical and supportive division – Dr. Wafiq Othman
- Head of the surgical specialties division – Dr. Mohammad Mazouz
- Head of pediatrics division – Dr. Maysa Alawneh
- Head of family and community medicine division – Dr. Lubna AL saudi
- Coordinator of obstetrics and gynecology division – Dr. Abdelatif Daragmeh
- Head of pathology and medical laboratory sciences division – Dr. Mohammad Alqadi
- Head of physiology, pharmacology, and toxicology division – Dr. suhaib Hattab
- Head of public health division – Dr. Mariam Altell
- Head of anatomy, biochemistry, and genetic division – Dr. Nihad Othman
Members representing other sectors:
- Faculty council member (elected) – Dr. Samer Albustame
- Deputy director of medical education office – Dr. Suha Alhamshari
- head of woman’s health and nursing division – Dr. Iman Shawish
- Dean of faculty of humanities sciences – Dr. Abdelkarim Daragmeh
- Candidate from the Palestinian medical council (chairman of higher scientific committee) – Dr. Mhammad loai Almabiad
- Candidate from ministry of health (director of health department in Nablus) – Dr. Ramez Dwikat
- Civil society member (occupied influential society sites) – Fadia Almasri
- Resident medical doctor representative – Dr. Sarah Almograbi
Members representing the students:
- Student representative from biomedical sciences phase of medical program – Mrs. Inas Samarah
- Student representative from clinical phase of medical program – Mr. Motaz Alsiafi
- The committee will meet every month. Additional meeting may be called at the discretion of the chair.
- Agenda and meeting material will be pre-circulated unless otherwise noted.
- Minutes will be kept and approved by members.
- The chair may invite non-committee members of staff, students, faculty to address specific issues
|Program committee director (chair)||Dr. Mohammad Abuawad||[email protected]|
|Medical program director||Dr. Faris AbuSahmma||[email protected]|
|biomedical sciences and medical (clinical)
|Head of internal medicine division||Dr. Husam Salameh||[email protected]|
|Head of general surgery division||Dr. Ahmad Dalbah||[email protected]|
|Head of sub medical and supportive division||Dr. Wafiq Othman||[email protected]|
|Head of the surgical specialties division||Dr. Mohammad
|Head of pediatrics division||Dr. Maysa Alawneh||[email protected]|
|Head of family and community medicine division||Dr. Lubna AL saudi||[email protected]|
|Coordinator of obstetrics and gynecology division||Dr. Abdelatif Daragmeh||00972599204404|
|Head of pathology and medical laboratory sciences division||Dr. Mohammad Alqadi||[email protected]|
|Head of physiology, pharmacology, and toxicology division||Dr. suhaib Hattab||[email protected]|
|Head of public health division||Dr. Mariam Altell||[email protected]|
|Head of anatomy, biochemistry, and genetic division||Dr. Nihad Othman||[email protected]|
|Members representing other sectors:|
|Faculty council member (elected)||Dr. Samer Albustame||[email protected]|
|Deputy director of medical education office||Dr. Suha Alhamshari||[email protected]|
|head of woman’s health and nursing department||Dr. Iman Shawish||[email protected]|
|Dean of faculty of humanities sciences||Dr. Abdelkarim
|Candidate from the Palestinian medical council||Dr. Mhammad luai Almabiad||[email protected]|
|Modified and approved by the Dean of faculty of medicine and medical education office – September 14, 2021|