The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences aspires to be a leading school of medicine and health Sciences in the region.
The Faculty aims to provide qualified students who will be future health care scientists and professionals, with high quality medical and health education components; learning, teaching, training and research for the sake of delivering excellent patient care in Palestine and the region based on our commitment to excellence, social accountability, and lifelong learning.
The faculty aims to:
- Provide the Palestinian community with highly qualified physicians who are capable of dealing effectively with health problems of individuals and of the community as a whole.
- Offer Palestinian students, in Palestine and abroad, the opportunity to study in their home country.
- Provide Palestinian and foreign students with the best basic and clinical knowledge and training through updated learning strategies.
- Produce competitive graduates who are nationally and internationally capable of continuing distinguished specialty training in Palestine and abroad.
- Develop a comfortable medical and health research environment to address health challenges faced by the human society.
- Attract Palestinians and international health care scientists and professionals who can contribute to advancing knowledge and practice.
- Advocate for improvements in community health and healthcare systems.
The below values guide our work at the faculty:
- Health Wellbeing
Last updated and approved by Medical Program Committee
September 20, 2021 – MPC meeting
Reviewed and approved by Stakeholders Committee
November 02, 2021 – Stakeholders Committee meeting