- Faculty of Nursing was established 2004. It was the first program in the north of the west bank that offers a Bachelor's degree in Nursing. In recent years there has been a steady expansion and growth.
- In 2008 faculty of Nursing was also the first to establish a direct access to the Midwifery program at undergraduate level to meet the country's need for highly qualified midwives. Therefore, the faculty of Nursing is considered among the foremost of all the faculties of Nursing in Palestine. The program offers a bachelor's degree in Midwifery.
- In 2009 the faculty of Nursing established its new master program in community mental health nursing. The program was developed with a national and world health organization (WHO) efforts that included the participation of nurses with bachelor's degree in nursing. The main purpose of the establishment of the program was to meet national requirements for rental health nurses. Over the years, the faculty of nursing played a vital role in community service activities.
- During the academic year 2011/2012 the nursing college was integrated with other health colleges at An-Najah National University under the name " Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences." As a conclusion, the department of Nursing and Midwifery is one of the four major departments of faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at An-Najah National University.
- In 2012 Anesthesia Nursing Master’s Program was Established.
- In 2014, an Intensive Care Nursing Master's Program was Established.
The Department of Nursing and Midwifery at An-Najah National University offers undergraduate programs leading bachelor degree of Nursing and Midwifery sciences. The department prepares professional nurses and midwives who can work with a multidisciplinary health team in order to meet the client’s health needs and to upgrade the quality of health care in various health settings.
Is to educate and develop students to equip them for a rapidly changing, creative technology-enable. The bachelor of science program prepares highly competent, qualified, and caring nurses and midwives who meet the health care needs, prepares individuals for entry level professional practice and provides a foundation for leadership roles and graduate study. Characterized by scholarship and community service, we are committed to graduating nurses and midwives who are highly competent, qualified and caring- nurses who are grounded in theory and research as guides to their clinical practice, who are responsive to the health care needs and expectations of individuals, families, community, and the profession.
- Adult Health Nursing and Fundamentals of Nursing.
- Pediatric Nursing, Maternity and Midwifery.
- Students start the practical training period from the second semester of first year until the end of the fourth year of study.
- The first semester of first year students is to be trained in the department's laboratories.
Practical training programs are prepared for all levels of Nursing and Midwifery students and Master's programs in Anesthesia Nursing, Intensive Care Nursing, and Community Mental Health Nursing where training is carried out in:
- Hospitals and Health Clinics of the Palestinian Ministry of Health.
- Health Clinics and Hospitals of the UNRWA.
- Private Foundations and the Private Sector.
- Schools Affiliated to the Palestinian Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
Hospitals, Health Clinics and Different Centers, they are as Follows:
Al-Najah National University Hospital, Al-Maqassed Islamic Charitable Society Hospital, Saint Joseph Hospital )The Frenchman(, Palestine Medical Complex, Rafedia Hospital, Al-Watani Hospital, Thabit Thabet Tulkarm Governmental hospital, Azakat Hospital, Shahid Khalil Suleiman-Jenin hospital, Darwish Nazzal Qalqilya hospital, Nablus Specialist, Al-Arabi Specialist, ST. LUKE’S Hospital, the UNRWA-Qalqilya Hospital, the Red Crescent Hospital, the Arab Care hospital, Istishari Arab Hospital, the Mental health Hospital-Bethlehem, Palestinian Child Institute, the Amal Rehabilitation Center - Nablus, the Agency Center UNRWA-Nablus,
Ittihad Hospital, the Arab Women Union Association for the Care of the Elderly - Rammallah, Elderly Club, Beit Sahour, Antonine Charitable Society - Bethlehem, Nicholas Association - Bethlehem.
For health Clinics: Nablus: (Balata Camp Clinic, Al Ain Camp Clinic, Old and New Askar Camp Clinic, Al-Mkhfiyah Health, Central Clinic, Ras Al-Ain Health, Balata Balad Health, Deir Sharaf Clinic, Youth Center, Red Crescent Society, Palestinian Guidance Center, Hawara Central Health), Tulkarm: (Tulkarem Camp Clinic, Noor Shams Camp Clinic, Tulkarm Central Health), Jenin: (Jenin Camp Clinic, Jenin Central Health, Health of Al Basateen Clinic).
Schools: Education Directorates in the Governorates of the North and Ramallah.
Dr. Adnan Sarhan
Dr. Aidah Alkaissi
Dr. Ansam Sawalha
Dr. Samar Musmar