The medical curriculum committee aims to foster a learning environment for students which facilitates student learning, promotes professionalism, stimulates curiosity and independent thinking, and equips students for lifelong self-directed learning.
The medical program committee has responsibilities including:
- State mission. Make it known to its constituency and the health sector it serves. In its mission outlines the aims and the educational strategy resulting in a medical doctor.
- Monitor instructional / learning methods. Horizontal integration and vertical integration.
- Planning and implementing the curriculum to secure its intended educational outcomes.
- Plan and implement innovations in the curriculum.
- Ensure operational linkage between the educational program and the subsequent stages of education or practice after graduation.
- Seeks input from the environment in which graduates will be expected to work, and modifies the program accordingly.
- Consider program modification in response to opinions in the community and society.
- Incorporate new assessment methods where appropriate. Encourage the use of external examiner.
- Establish and apply a mechanism for program evaluation that addresses the curriculum and its main components. Address student progress. Identifies and address concerns. Ensure that relevant results of evaluation influence the curriculum.
- Periodically evaluate the program by comprehensively addressing, the context of the educational process. The specific components of the curriculum, the long-term acquired outcomes and its social accountability.
- Systematically seek and respond to teacher and student feedback.
- Use feedback results for program development.
- Use the analysis of student performance to provide feedback to the committees responsible for student selection. Curriculum planning. Student counseling.
The membership will reflect the structure of the MD program, its curriculum governance. The committee consists of the following members:
Members representing the program directors:
- Program committee director (chair) - Dr. Mohammad Abuawad
- Biomedical Sciences Program director - Dr. Heba Salah
- Medical program director – Dr. Faris Abu Sahmma
Members representing biomedical sciences and medical (clinical) departments:
- Head of internal medicine devision – Dr. Husam Salameh
- Head of general surgery division – Dr. Ahmad Dalbah
- Head of sub medical and supportive division – Dr. Wafiq Othman
- Head of the surgical specialties division – Dr. Mohammad Mazouz
- Head of pediatrics division – Dr. Maysa Alawneh
- Head of family and community medicine division – Dr. Lubna AL saudi
- Coordinator of obstetrics and gynecology division – Dr. Abdelatif Daragmeh
- Head of pathology and medical laboratory sciences division – Dr. Mohammad Alqadi
- Head of physiology, pharmacology, and toxicology division – Dr. suhaib Hattab
- Head of public health division – Dr. Mariam Altell
- Head of anatomy, biochemistry, and genetic division – Dr. Nihad Othman
Members representing other sectors:
- Faculty council member (elected) – Dr. Samer Albustame
- Deputy director of medical education office – Dr. Suha Alhamshari
- head of woman’s health and nursing division – Dr. Iman Shawish
- Dean of faculty of humanities sciences – Dr. Abdelkarim Daragmeh
- Candidate from the Palestinian medical council (chairman of higher scientific committee) – Dr. Mhammad loai Almabiad
- Candidate from ministry of health (director of health department in Nablus) – Dr. Ramez Dwikat
- Civil society member (occupied influential society sites) – Fadia Almasri
- Resident medical doctor representative – Dr. Sarah Almograbi
- Members representing the students:
- Student representative from biomedical sciences phase of medical program – Mrs. Inas Samarah
- Student representative from clinical phase of medical program – Mr. Motaz Alsiafi